MOSERS is a?team-oriented public pension system made up of passionate, hard-working individuals.? Our team believes our members’ financial security comes first.? Whether we’re investing trust fund assets, in the field providing educational seminars, interacting with members?for one-on-one counseling, or working on the various systems that support our mission and staff, we are all collaborating to serve our members.?
What You’ll Do
This position reports to the General Accounting Supervisor in the Accounting Section in our office in Jefferson City. You’ll be responsible for reconciling and analyzing accounts, preparing journal entries, and backing up team members. You’ll have an understanding of MOSERS’ accounting processes and assist in optimizing processes and automating functions. In addition, you’ll configure the various systems used in our accounting department and assist in administering various applications. ?
||Jefferson City, MO
||Based on Experience
|Posting Start Date:
You'll Spend Your Time Focusing On:?
- Performing general accounting activities, such as maintaining a general understanding of the chart of accounts, recording journal entries in the general ledger, reconciling the general ledger to supporting documents, evaluating our internal controls and participating in our risk assessment process.
- Learning and maintaining an understanding of the various systems and tools that are used by the accounting team, including Oracle Cloud Financials, Workiva Wdesk, Workiva Wdata, Blackline, and Microsoft PowerQuery. Assisting with maintaining the configuration of these systems. Assisting with updating and creating scripts, SQL queries, reports, and API connections
- Assisting in the preparation of MOSERS annual comprehensive financial report (ACFR), and other reports as needed.
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate:?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or related field), masters preferred
- Someone who demonstrates integrity and a high degree of ethics
- We are looking for someone who has a mix of technical skills and accounting knowledge who wants an opportunity to grow professionally in a team atmosphere.
- Dedication to the task at hand and strives to exceed expectations
- A team mentality and encourages collaboration
- At least 2 years of professional accounting or systems administration experience.??
- Prefer experience such as financial auditing, project management, process improvement, process automation, scripting.
- A basic understanding of SQL and working with data is required.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Experience with Microsoft power query, Workiva Wdesk & Wdata, and Blackline is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Oracle or other large financial system preferred, but not required.
- Ability to comprehend and evaluate highly technical information and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, across all levels of the agency and external entities such as the independent auditors, and the custodial bank
?What You’ll Love About Us
- Our Team?– Our staff consistently ranks “co-workers” at the top of their lists of things they love about MOSERS in our Employee Satisfaction and Engagement Surveys
- Our Culture – Our staff also ranks our team culture highly on our surveys.
- Competitive Pay - Based on experience.??
- Our Benefits?– MOSERS staff enjoy the same benefits as State of Missouri Employees which include:
- Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pension Plans
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- 13 Holidays Per Year
If this job sounds like a fit for you and us, we look forward to reviewing your resume! To apply, go to https://mosers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=58
Visit www.mosers.org/careers for more information about our benefits and MOSERS.? ?Apply by August 8th for best consideration, however, this position will remain open until filled. EOE: M/F/V/D.
||This listing expires on: 8/19/2022