Infrastructure Investment Analyst
Our mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to enhance the lives of its members. Each team member across the agency contributes to our ongoing success.
Seeking experienced Infrastructure Investment Analyst to perform advanced to highly advanced investment analysis work by assisting the Director and Portfolio Manager(s) of Private Infrastructure/Equity in identifying, evaluating, and executing direct and indirect limited partnership investment opportunities in U.S. and Non-U.S. real assets, buyouts, venture capital, distressed debt, control-oriented restructuring, mezzanine, industry specific, secondary, co-investments, and other private markets strategies. The ideal candidate will be a clear and concise communicator who is able to establish and maintain good working relationships with Portfolio Manager(s)/Director(s), staff, general partners, other private equity limited partners, consultants, attorneys, and placement agents.
Infrastructure Investment Analyst
||Employees Retirement System of Texas
||$5784 - $11,837 / Month
|Posting Start Date:
||Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to:
- Assists in monitoring, researching, analyzing and recommending private markets investments, general partners, funds, and broader investment strategies.
- Supports legal and operations to ensure execution of investment transactions, capital calls, and distributions.
- Supports the Director and Portfolio Manager(s) of Private Equity/Infrastructure in conducting due diligence in areas such as: Manager/General Partner background and history, portfolio performance vs. benchmarks, financial model development and/or validation, management team size, structure and experience, attribution analysis, investment strategy, deal flow and exit strategies, reference calls with CEOs, co-investors, lenders, LPs, competitors and support professionals.
- Travels domestically and internationally as directed by the Director of Infrastructure for due-diligence visits, industry conferences, GP Annual Meetings and other functions to develop the knowledge, resources and contacts necessary for quality research and analysis of available investment opportunities.
- Follows general economic developments and public and private equity and debt markets, specifically infrastructure markets and trends, including power and commodity markets, infrastructure secondary transactions, pipeline of current and upcoming fundraisings, potential technological disruptions to the industry, and the status of capital flows into emerging markets.
- Maintains documentation supporting strategy recommendations and provides written and oral analysis as requested by the Director or Portfolio Manager(s, CIO, Executive Director, Investment Committee, or Board of Trustees.
- Assists in the preparation, creates and/or maintains financial models to analyze investments or portfolios of investments or monitoring the portfolio.
- Assist’s in maintaining all fund and company level data, private and public benchmarking data, foreign exchange rates, etc. in private markets tracking system.
- Assists in the design, preparation, optimization and maintenance of standard reporting capabilities of private markets tracking system, produces ad-hoc reports and analysis and assists with portfolio evaluations.
- Performs and assists with the reconciliation of fund flows, performance, management fees, partnership expenses and fee offsets with LPAs and with custodian and consultants.
For Investment Analyst IV, you will perform the above duties in a highly advanced and complex manner with greater responsibilities and standards.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum 24 semester hour’s credit in finance, economics, accounting and/or management or a combination. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for 12 semester hours of the specific course requirement.
- Require three (3) years of full-time professional financial management, investment, or project management experience for a classification level III or four (4) years for a classification level IV.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree major in business, finance, economics, accounting, or engineering.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, and economics.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current participation in CFA program or certification as a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA).
- Experience in alternative investment management, investment banking, corporate finance, development or consulting and for investments in real assets.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and/or validating complex financial models for transactions and investments.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment that includes remote opportunities. Requires international travel. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no equivalent Military Occupational Codes assigned to this position. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
||This listing expires on: 7/20/2022