Chief Operating/Financial Officer
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
Chief Operating/Financial Officer
||State Board of Administration of Florida
||$267,000 - $334,700
|Posting Start Date:
||What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Chief Operating/Financial Officer. The successful candidate is responsible for operational management activities of the SBA and has general oversight and management of specific operational departments and related functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directing the management of Accounting and Administrative Services, Financial Operations, Information Technology, Vendor Management, and Information Security functions and colleagues
• Consulting with and advising the Executive Director & Chief Investment Officer (ED & CIO), executive staff, and directors on financial and operations matters of the SBA
• Directing and overseeing audit-related responses for Chief Operating/Financial Officer departments and provides support for audit-related responses for sections/departments across the SBA
• Serving in an executive membership role, as a leader or participant, on various internal committees and groups
• Demonstrating ability to effectively manage human and financial resources
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring strategic plans, or working in collaboration with the senior leader over the department, to contribute to the success of the department/unit and the overall organization
• Performing other duties as assigned
What you should have
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or related fields and ten years of related experience, with five years of the related experience in a supervisory role.
• A Certified Public Accountant certificate from the Florida State Board of Accountancy is strongly preferred
• Master of Business Administration; master’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting; or Juris Doctor degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of investment management industry (investment and operational practices), including risk management, investment management and operational oversight
• Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills with a commitment to colleague development
• Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues at all levels of the organization and external stakeholders to build trust and cooperation
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide leadership effectively across functional areas and business units within the SBA
• Ability to adapt well to change and serve as a change agent within the SBA
• Strategic thinker with the ability to oversee the implementation of creative solutions to investment management
• Personal integrity, emotional intelligence, professionalism, and accountability
• Exhibits the highest level of fiduciary care
• Travels frequently to various locations throughout the United States and/ or internationally. Involves work outside normal business hours and working remotely to maintain contact with others and normal office-related duties.
To apply, go to https://jobs.sbafla.com
||This listing expires on: 6/5/2022