Investment Accountant III
Position Title: Investment Accountant III
Wage: $71,974 - $85,000
Closing Date: Until Filled
Please note that this position is open until filled.
Candidates for this role are being reviewed as they apply.
The Teachers’ Retirement System of Illinois provides retirement benefits for teachers who are employed by all Illinois public common and charter school districts located outside the city of Chicago. The Illinois Pension Code contains the laws relating to our creation, benefits, and administration.
Under the direction of the Investment Accounting Manager, the Investment Accountant III performs high level analytical work, and supports the Investment Accounting Manager with strategic work for the team. The Investment Accountant III is responsible primarily for high level investment and accounting analytics, as well as some strategic planning. This position would review work performed by the Investment Analyst II and act as a subject matter expert and resource for the Investment Accountant I and II. This role is level three in the three-level job family that reports to the Investment Accounting Manager.
- Consult on and act as a resource for data processing and document retention work completed by the Investment Analyst I
- Review work completed by the Investment Analyst II such as compliance and lower-level accounting analytics
- Contribute to high level strategic planning/development
- Ensure internal workbooks are maintained and developed accordingly
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual trend and variance analyses
- External Audit Coordination
- Training lower-level accountants
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations (investment valuation related)
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations (investment performance related)
- Act as subject matter expert regarding investment performance presentation and compliance
- Coordinate and oversee budget processes and reports
- Assist with completion of Annual Comprehensive Financial Reporting
- Assist with completion of Annual GAAP Reporting
- Assist with completion of Board reporting
- State health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- 12 vacation, 12 sick, and 3 personal time days of compensated time
- Teachers’ Retirement System pension
- Deferred compensation plan
TRS is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) throughout the recruitment process, please reach out to us at the following email: Careers@trsil.org.
Investment Accountant III
||Teachers Retirement System of the State of Illinois
||$71,974 - $85,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, business administration, or related field. Four (4) years of relevant experience may supplement a bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial analysis; preferably in a governmental agency and/or a public pension fund. Master’s degree may supplement two (2) years of working experience.
- CPA certification or candidacy preferred
- Custodial banking, asset manager, investment officer, or governmental experience preferred
||This listing expires on: 2/19/2022