Senior Portfolio Manager - Investment Grade Credit
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With approximately $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Senior Portfolio Manager (SPM)-Investment Grade Credit in our Fixed Income asset class. The SPM will be responsible for supervising a team of Corporate Credit Portfolio Managers and generating and implementing strategies to best oversee the SBA’s investment portfolios involving corporate bonds. Strong working knowledge of both short-term investment fundamental/relative value metrics and long-term investment fundamental/relative value metrics is required.
What you’ll do
• Generate and implement strategies in the internal actively managed corporate bond portfolio that create excess return above the targeted benchmark corporate bond index
• Manage internal actively managed corporate bond portfolio strategy and securities selection
• Provide credit quality analysis and monitoring of the SBA’s short-term investment portfolio’s issue/issuer credits and SBA’s Classes B&D counterparties
• Manage internal actively managed corporate bond portfolio’s general overview, performance and risk monitoring
• Manage Quarterly Industry Quality Forecast meetings that pertains to OW/UW decisions on PMs’ assigned sectors and related issuers
• Collaborate with overall Fixed Income Portfolio Team through written monthly Corporate Portfolio Strategy
• Update reports and participation in Fixed Income Group Strategy Meetings
• Supervise and mentor Credit Team within the overall Fixed Income group
• Manage Corporate Credit team short-term credit quality reviews provided to portfolio managers of the short-term portfolios of the SBA
• Performs other duties as assigned
What you should have
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, statistics, business, computer science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or a related field and five years of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements.
• At least seven years of Investment Grade buy side credit fundamental and relative value research analysis experience covering financial services sectors, including but not limited to banking, finance company, insurance, asset management and brokerage sectors
• MBA or Masters in Finance
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential
• Excel and programming experience utilizing VBA on Excel and Python
• Experience using Bloomberg analytics systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced experience in corporate credit analysis
• Advanced experience in securities valuation analysis
• Experience in portfolio management
• Working knowledge of accounting
• Seasoned knowledge of corporate finance and competitive strategy
• Seasoned knowledge of macroeconomics
• Working knowledge of statistics
• Knowledge of creating corporate bond portfolio excess return relative to benchmark
• Ability to plan, organize, direct, develop and lead teams
• Ability to travel occasionally to various locations throughout the United States. Involves occasional work outside normal business hours and ability to work remotely to maintain contact with external research sources and maintain normal office-related duties.
Hiring Range: $127,500 - $184,900
The State Board of Administration is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is a condition of employment with the State Board of Administration
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary, incentive compensation program, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com