Fixed Income Operations Analyst
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The SBA has an anticipated opening for an Operations Analyst in the Fixed Income Middle Office Group. The Operations Analyst works with both the traders/portfolio managers in the Fixed Income asset class and Financial Operations to resolve trade settlement issues, as well as offering administrative support to the Senior Investment Officer of Fixed Income.
What you’ll do
What you should have
- Performs middle office functions for the Fixed Income Asset class
- Performs special projects and various assignments for the Fixed Income Middle Office Group
- Administrative duties for the Senior Investment Officer- Fixed Income
- Tracks new issue allocations and develops and distributes reports
- Performs swap transactions and maintains tracking database
- Performs backup functions for Fixed Income Middle Office Group Staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, statistics, business, communications, political science, computer science, management information systems (MIS), public administration, or a related field and one year of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Hiring Range: $42,700 - $53,400
What we offer
- Extensive Microsoft Excel skills
- Skill in gathering data, analyzing data, compiling information and preparing reports
- Ability to read and understand legal documents
- Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com