Corporate Governance Manager- Research
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Corporate Governance Manager- Research to join the Investment Programs & Governance department. The Corporate Governance Manager- Research is responsible for State Board of Administration (SBA) stewardship, engagement and integration work on governance and investment performance factors. The Manager of Corporate Governance Research works to enhance portfolio value and reduce risk through investment stewardship, corporate engagement, proxy voting, and implementation of the SBA’s strategic priorities. The SBA’s corporate governance activities include vote execution, corporate governance research and analysis, portfolio company engagement, policy development and reporting responsibilities. The Manager of Corporate Governance Research meets with members of portfolio company boards of directors and senior executives to communicate and potentially resolve corporate governance issues.
What you’ll do
What you should have
- Manages the organization of the SBA’s global proxy voting program
- Conducts corporate governance policy research and development
- Implements global corporate governance engagement activities
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage financial resources
- Develops, implements and monitors strategic plans, or work in collaboration with the senior leader over the department, to contribute to the success of the department/unit and the overall organization
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, finance, mathematics, economics, business, accounting or a related field and five years of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Seven or more years of related experience in corporate governance, portfolio management or finance, with at least five years focused on proxy voting, corporate governance, quantitative analysis, executive compensation, portfolio company engagement, and/or environmental, social, and governance (ESG) topics.
- Position requires relocation to Tallahassee, FL
What we offer
- Knowledge of global corporate governance practices to include proxy voting procedures, macroeconomic market and sector trends, securities regulations, corporate governance practices, and shareowner rights issues
- Extensive knowledge of the investment management industry
- General knowledge of asset management operations, corporate law and Securities and Exchange Commission regulations
- Strong knowledge of shareowner and corporate governance issues gathered through research and contact with portfolio companies
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills to articulate complex concepts and issues in a compelling, persuasive, and fact-based manner
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, data visualization, and other statistical or quantitative modeling software
- Intellectual curiosity, problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and high volume of work while meeting stringent deadlines
- Team-oriented with the ability to establish effective relationships, gain commitment and credibility and work effectively across a number of internal constituencies
- Experience in building and analyzing statistical models
- Travels frequently to various locations throughout the United States and/or internationally. Involves work outside of normal business hours and working remotely to maintain contact with others and normal office-related duties
The SBA offers a competitive salary, incentive compensation program, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
Hiring Range: $77,300 - $96,700
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com
Corporate Governance Manager- Research
||State Board of Administration of Florida
||$77,300 - $96,700
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 6/27/2021