Senior Performance Data Systems Analyst
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The Senior Performance Data Systems Analyst is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the integrity of the data housed in the investment performance databases, by identifying incorrect data and working with SBA Information Technology, system personnel and vendors to correct errors, update and refresh system technology as required. The position will also be part of a team responsible for the development of new models for investment performance reporting, and ad hoc requests for reports using business intelligence software or other applications. The position responds to specialized requests from other business units and senior leaders for performance data. The position is also responsible to fulfill SBA public records requests related to investment performance in collaboration with the Director of Performance Reporting & Analytics and the External Affairs section.
What you’ll do
What you should have
- Performs the daily and monthly functions relating to the data in the Performance Reporting systems, including the Eagle Pace performance, Eagle DataMart data warehouse, and Private i Analyst
- Identifies and evaluates the need for new or enhanced model and report development processes and implements as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, finance, mathematics, economics, data science, management information systems, computer science, or a related field and three years of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements. Experience in Microsoft Excel, business intelligence software products, performance calculations, risk statistics or performance attribution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with large data sets
- Experience with Eagle Pace and/or DataMart systems
- Experience with Private I Analyst
- Experience in Power BI or Tableau
- Experience in Crystal Reports
What we offer
- Strong knowledge of calculations required for performance and risk management, analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of financial markets and investment strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong computer literacy (with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, database applications, programming and reporting) and analytical skills (including attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency)
- Ability to look at extensive amounts of data and identify errors
- Ability to effectively define, implement and prioritize tasks and demonstrate flexibility necessitated by changing priorities
- Ability to exercise initiative and work independently
- Ability to exercise professional judgement in decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities, with a willingness to work until the task is completed successfully
- Strong results orientation, with concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
57,400 - $71,800
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com